- Erin Arcipowski, John Schwartz, Lisa Davenport, Meghan Hayes, and Tracy Nolan. 2017. Clean Water, Clean Life: Promoting Healthier, Accessible Water in Rural Appalachia. Universities Council on Water Resources, Journal of Contemporary Water Research & Education 161: 1-18.
- NSF's ScienceNation online magazine (dated March 21, 2016), features TNWRRC Director Thanos Papanicolaou's involovement with the NSF Intensively Managed Landscapes Critical Zone Observatory. Read the story: Critical Zone Observatories help U.S. plan for the future.
- Read the TNWRRC 2015-16 Annual Technical Report to USGS.
- TNWRRC researcher Bruce Tschantz was quoted in a March 21, 2017 article in the Knoxville News-Sentinel titled "Picturesque low dams turn deadly with swift currents."
- Wilson, Christopher G., Kenneth M. Wacha, A.N. (Thanos) Papanicolaou, Heather A. Sander, Violet B. Freudenberg, Benjamin K.B. Abban, and Chang Zhao. 2016. Dynamic assessment of current management in an intensively managed agroecosystem. Journal of Contemporary Water Research & Education 158: 148-171.
- TNWRRC 2015-16 Annual Report to USGS
- A. N. (Thanos) Papanicolaou, Kenneth M. Wacha, Benjamin K. Abban, Christopher G. Wilson, Jerry L. Hatfield, Charles O. Stanier, Timothy R. Filley. 2015. From soilscapes to landscapes: A landscape-oriented approach to simulate soil organic carbon dynamics in intensively managed landscapes. Journal of Geophysical Research-Biogeosciences 120, 11: 2375-2401. This study was featured by NSF in their Science360 newsletter.
- Tennessee Permanent Stormwater Management and Design Guidance Manual (2014)
- Tennessee Urban Riparian Buffer Handbook: A Practical Guide to Establishing Healthy Streamside Buffers (2015)
- Tennessee Center of Excellence for Watershed Management—Summary of Projects and Activities 2008-2013 (September 2013)
- Bruce A. Tschantz and Kenneth R. Wright. 2011. Hidden Dangers and Public Safety at Low-head Dams. Journal of Dam Safety 9(1): 8-17.14C. Biogeochemistry 108:91-107.
- Understanding Priorities, Activities, and Needs of Watershed Organizations in Tennessee (2009)—Final Report
Understanding Priorities, Activities, and Needs of Watershed Organizations in Tennessee (2009)—Part I: Executive Summary or Full Report
Understanding Priorities, Activities, and Needs of Watershed Organizations in Tennessee (2009)—Part II: Executive Summary or Full Report
- A Comparative Analysis of Water Quality Monitoring Programs in the Southeast: Lessons for Tennessee (undated).
- Beaver Creek Watershed Assessment (2003)
- Beaver Creek Watershed Green Infrastructure Plan (2005)
- Beaver Creek Watershed Restoration Plan (October 2006)
- Guide to the Selection & Design of Stormwater Best Management Practices (BMPs) (March 2003).
- Tennessee Yardstick Workbook - The Tennessee Yardstick Workbook shows you how to create attractive and healthy yards by working with Tennessee's environment rather than against it (March 2009).
- Thesis: A Tool for Assessing the Capacity of Local Watershed Partnerships to Produce Lasting Effects (August 2010) by Jennifer Parris Joice (funding provided by TN WRRC).
- Thesis: Environmental management reform through the Watershed Approach: A multi-case study of state agency implementation (August 2010) by Julie H. Mawhorter (funding provided by TN WRRC).
Skip to content