ISSE Centers & Initiatives
ISSE houses several centers and programs that represent a full complement of skills and disciplines.
- Center for Clean Products - CCP develops, evaluates, and promotes cleaner products and cleaner technologies that minimize pollution at the source and contribute to long-term sustainable development.
- Center for International Networking Initiatives/GLORIAD - CINI develops networking projects using next-generation Internet capability that are designed to tie scientists, educators, and students together in countries around the globe.
- Center for Sustainable Business and Tourism - CSBT conducts research and outreach in the field of sustainable business and tourism using innovative and sustainable business practices. CSBT's goal is to provide operational solutions, improve the quality of life, and develop sustainable business models and green tourism via interdisciplinary research, community collaboration, leadership, and education.
- China-US Joint Research Center for Ecosystem and Environmental Change - The China-US JRC, which occupies research facilities at UT/ORNL and the Chinese Academy of Sciences, addresses the environmental consequences of biofuels production and use, and the combined effects of climate change and human activities on regional and global ecosystems.
- East Tennessee Clean Fuels Coalition - ETCFC promotes the use of alternative fuels, reduced reliance on foreign sources of oil, and improved air quality for the East Tennessee region. ETCFC is a participant in the national Clean Cities Program of the US Department of Energy.
- Tennessee Water Resources Research Center - TNWRRC is a federally designated state research institute supported in part by the US Geological Survey. The center serves as a primary link among water-resource experts in academia, government, and the private sector.
[Return to Top]
Institute for a Secure and Sustainable Environment (ISSE)
311 Conference Center Building, Knoxville, Tennessee 37996-4134
Phone: 865-974-4251 • Fax: 865-974-1838 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org