Rex Short has in excess of 20 years' experience in the Department of Energy nuclear industry, and more than six additional years in the field of vocational evaluation and instruction. He has designed and conducted HAZWOPER, RCRA, Radiation Worker Remediation and quality management classes at the Savannah River Site, the Uranium Mill Tailings Remedial Action project in Albuquerque, Rocky Flats and the Oak Ridge Reservation. Short holds a Bachelor of Science degree in social science and a Master of Science degree in secondary education from Troy State University. He initiated a project with the National Mass Fatalities Institute for the education and training of Coroners, Medical Examiners, Mortuary, and Funeral Service personnel concerning radiological issues.
- Postgraduate work at Troy State University and Auburn University
- M.S., Secondary Education, Troy State University
- B.S., Troy State University, Troy, Alabama
- Hazardous Materials Training and Research Institute (HMTRI) Master Trainer
- Worker Safety for Disaster Response Certified Trainer
- Center for Ag Terror Preparedness Certified Trainer
- U.S. Department of Labor Certified Instructor for Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER)